Monday, August 23, 2010

This Morning

Last night I had a pretty restless sleep for the 1st half of the night and then the rest of the night I was out...so out that I didn't even hear Tim's alarm this morning or hear him leave. I woke up on my own around 7:45 and was laying there for a little bit when I heard Avery cough. The thing is, her cough wasn't very muffled coming from upstairs in her room which I thought was really odd. I checked the monitor and it didn't look like she was in her bed so I called out her name a couple times, but she never answered. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen looking for her and there she was sitting on the couch, watching a Barney and looking at the ads from yesterday's paper:



I couldn't believe she was up and hadn't even come in my room to wake me. I called Tim to see when she had gotten up because Avery never comes down on her own and doesn't know how to turn on the TV. Tim said she had gotten up around 7:15 and that Mommy was sleeping so he set her up in the living room when he left for work.

I wonder how long she would have let me sleep?? Is this one of the things that turns my little girl into a big girl?? I still can't believe it!!!

1 comment:

coco said...

she will be an incredible big sister!