Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Goodbye Dear Swing

It's bittersweet to see this swing leave our house..the purge has begun! Both my girls would take their naps in this swing, Avery until she was 4 months old and Ella until she was almost 3 months old. It was my trusted friend while they were infants! I always knew that once they started swinging they would take a good nap - they LOVED swinging and sleeping! I remember when Avery didn't want to be in it anymore and I was so nervous that she would never sleep in her crib. Ella, I didn't worry as much, she is my 2nd of course :)

The swing has been sitting up in her game room for the past several months waiting for a new home and I've been meaning to give it to a Women's Shelter but I just haven't been able to get over there and it's kind of on it's last leg. After being used by 2 kiddos, sometimes it would just stop swinging and you would have to give it a quick push to get it going again.

Avery's teacher's daughter is coming in town next week with her 3-month old baby girl and she asked if I had a swing that I wasn't using anymore that she could borrow, and Voila, it's found a new home. After she leaves, her teacher is going to give it to a shelter for someone else to use before it stops working completely.

Thanks so much swing for making our lives that much easier with our babies!! I would have paid anything for this swing that's how great it made our lives when they were infants :)


Avery at 4 months old


Ella at 7 weeks

No comments: