Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Goals

I've never really written down my New Year's goals because it always seems that you make them at the beginning of the year because it sounds so great to do them in the coming year, and then you forget about them or do them or don't do them at all. Our lives are ever changing with the kiddos that I'm lucky if I can remember what happened 2 days ago :)

This year though I'm going to write down a few that I would like to work on this year:

1) Spend more QT time with this man:

Tim and I haven't had a whole lot of time to be just "us" since Ella was born and I miss that terribly!! I LOVE our girls, but you forget that as a baby, they require so much attention and nurturing and love when they are so little. Not that Avery doesn't need it as well, but it's so different as they become older.

We've talked about stealing the Lairsen's idea of "Wine Night Wednesday's" and doing that ourselves once I stop nursing. I think it's a great idea because they don't answer the phone and don't get on the computer and just enjoy being with one another. Plus, I have all my new Riedel's that I got for Christmas that are wine specific that I can't wait to get more use out of!!


2) Lose the tire I've accumulated around my waist - I know that I just had a baby 4 months ago but I'm ready to be back in ALL my old clothes. Plus, before I had her, I was in some of the best shape I'd ever been in and would love to get back there. So, I cancelled my gym membership...what?? How will she get back in shape now?? No worries, it's so hard for me to get to the gym right now because of Ella's naps and I would prefer to not have her in the gym kidcare right now being so young. So, I bought myself some new workout DVD's that I've already started. Turbo Jam - awesome if you like kickboxing!! Jillian Michaels 30-day shred - not tried it yet, but heard it was hard and works. And....drumroll please - P90X, this is for after I've gotten back into some better shape because I know it is going to kick my a**. Plus, Tim and I are going to do it together so it should be even more motivating. And, I just got Just Dance 2 for the Wii and it is so fun. Avery just loves it too!

3) Learn Spanish through the Rosetta Stone. Anybody ever try this or know someone whose done it?? I'd love to have some feedback about it. Tim and I are going to do this together as well, but 1st we have to get it :)

4) Spend more time with our family and friends and really enjoy the time we have with them. They all mean the world to us!

5) Besides being a Mom to my 2 sweethearts, figure out another purpose for me in this life that I am living. I LOVE being a Mom but I know there is something else out there for me to put my stamp on and I can't wait to figure it out. And, I am so grateful to have Tim give me the time to do this.

5 goals sound good right now...we'll see how they turn out.

Care to share your goals for the year?? I'd love to hear!

No comments: