Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Am So Thankful!!

When Tim and I started talking about having a 2nd baby last year, there were a couple things I wanted to do before we got pregnant.

One was to celebrate the Holidays with our family and friends and not have to stress about keeping a pregnancy secret during such an event filled time of the year.

The other was to make sure that when we did get pregnant, the baby would not be coming until after the summer was over. I wanted to have this summer to spend with Avery alone and really get the chance to enjoy everything that the summer has to offer with her.

Yesterday made me realize how happy I am that as of this moment we are able to enjoy this time together. Avery and I had such a wonderful morning and afternoon yesterday and all I could keep thinking about was how thankful I was to have this time with my daughter before her sister arrives in a couple of months. We joined Lifetime for the summer to take advantage of their pool and she just loves it there. She really enjoys playing in the kiddo area while I work out and of course loves swimming! We spent a good part of the morning there together just swimming and laughing and enjoying ourselves. It makes me so happy to see her big brown eyes light up and hear her little girl giggle...I got that a lot yesterday :) After the pool and a slushie from the Cafe, we headed over to Chick-fil-A and picked up our lunch and brought it home. We sat together at the table and just chatted all through lunch before heading upstairs for a nap.

I told Tim last night that yesterday was the kind of day that I had been hoping to have with Avery this summer without having a baby to look after as well. I know that once the baby gets here Avery and I's time together will be different but for the moment I appreciate the time I get to spend with her one on one right now. It truly means the world to me!!



No comments: