Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Avery's 1st Day of Preschool!!

Today was Avery's 1st Day of Preschool!! I can't believe our "Baby" is big enough to attend any sort of school! Last week we went and met her teachers, Ms. Lisa & Ms. Brenda, and her classmates and we've been talking about school since. All the other kids are turning "3" in September, October and November so Avery is the "Baby" in the class, but it's hard to tell with all these tiny tots running around. She was so excited to go this morning! And, I was going to do everything I could to make sure she was not late to school - which she wasn't :)

Here is the 1st of many more 1st day of school photos:

Check out her backpack - it's as big as she is!



Our Cutie-Pie, note the shovel (she has one with her at all times!)



Mommy it's a Butterfly


It's So Heaby (Heavy)



Here she is at her classroom door after she found her purple Frog and attached it to the Lily Pad. Ready for a fun day...she went inside and there was no turning back so I made sure I got a few kisses and hugs in before she left.



This is what her sweet teachers gave me on my way out. I was doing just fine until I got this :)


What a cute idea! Just so you know - I did not go home and have a cup of tea and cry. I headed to the gym and "worked" it out :)


Avery had such an exciting day! They played on the playground, had a snack of milk (yes, milk...she says she drank it, but I think I'll have to ask her teachers) and teddy bears (grahams), they painted, colored, played with play-doh, did puzzles, went pee-pee in the potty twice (YES, she's potty-trained but that's a whole nother blog), had story time, read books, etc. They keep these little ones busy!

Here is her portfolio she decorated with polka-dotted stamps. This folder will stay at home and collect all her artwork she brings home. Then, she can show everyone when they come over.


Here is all her artwork from today. The blue handprints are Avery's and the red are her classmate's, McLayne.


What do you think...pretty cool, huh??

No comments: