Friday, January 9, 2009

Hannukah at Grandma & Grandpa's

We celebrated Hannukah at Grandma and Grandpa's this year with Uncle Brian. Avery was starving when we got over there so we had a yummy dinner and yummy drinks (Mojito's made by Grandpa). Then it was into the living room for our next present opening fest!

Here's Avery ready and raring to go...she's saying come on guys, let's get the show on the road! I want my presents :)

Here, she's looking at me asking which one first?? Don't you love our wrapping paper, X-mas paper and newspaper - thanks Uncle Brian for the paper stained fingers :).

She is getting to be a pro at this! No timidness anymore!


Oooh, My Little Pony. I think Mommy was just as excited about this gift. It's like being a little girl and playing with everything I've had all over again!
Now, this gift here...I've got to hand it to Uncle Brian. He called me to see what Avery wanted for Hannukah, or rather what Mommy wanted for Avery for Hannukah. I'd seen this adverised all over the ads and I thought it would be great for her. So, this is the only gift I told him to get her. Turns out, I wasn't the only one who wanted it. He called all the Toys 'R' Us and Babies 'R' Us stores in town and there was only 1 left in the city in Addison. Being the great Uncle he is, he put it on hold and got it for her. Thanks so much Uncle Brian...it's so much fun!


Her big gift this year is her kitchen. She just loves it. The blender makes noise and the "drink" shakes up. The stove even "turns on" and a timer goes off for the oven. And of course, what girl could be in the kitchen without her phone. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
As for the adults...this year we decided to do things a little bit differently. Every year it seems we search and search for the perfect gift for each other and don't always get it right. So, this year we did several gift exchanges. One $10 silly gift, a $25 gift card, and a nice $35 dollar gift. We had so much fun! We even got a double silly gift, a ridiculously big remote control that controls all your media boxes.

Besides the gifts, its just a wonderful way to spend time with our family. And, now with Avery in the mix, it's so much fun to see her celebrate with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy did Avery win big!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see that kitchen.