Friday, January 15, 2010

Avery is Listening!!

I have totally been slacking since Christmas and I have a bunch of posts lined up that I'll get to and backdate but in the meantime I'm going to pretend that I'm up to date and continue on.

You think your child isn't listening, but boy are you wrong!! At least we are wrong...Avery picks up on EVERYTHING we say and it amazes me when she spouts off something that I have never talked to her about personally.

Example 1: We are all going to Chicago for a family event next month and have been talking about the airplane flights but have yet to tell her directly that we are going. Yesterday while having lunch with my parents and Brian we were talking about it and in pipes Avery : "We are going on a plane to Cicago". I looked at her and asked her to repeat what she had just said, and again "We are going on a plane to Cicago". Totally blew me away!

Example 2: Avery has a little bit of a runny nose and I had told Tim yesterday that she was getting a little sniffly and it could be because a couple of the boys, twins: Kaden & Kole, at school had a runny nose in class. I didn't tell this to Avery but she must have been around when I told Tim because tonight Tim asked her where did she get her running nose and she said, "From Kaden and Kole in class".

I'm just waiting for her to throw in a curse word in her repetition sometime. I'll try really hard to watch my language but I know it's going to happen sooner than later. I just hope I don't laugh...well at least not in front of her :)

No comments: