Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beautiful Day

This morning, our playdate got canceled because our friends got sick, so we kicked it in to gear and moved on to Plan B. It was too nice a day to just stay home and play out back so I decided to take advantage of our membership to the Arboretum. I packed up a picnic lunch for Ms. Avery and I and headed down to Dallas.

Thanks to Avery, I now know every word to Feist's 1234 song (or as Avery calls it "2 9") as we listen to it over and over again all the time. I was able to "Genius" it on the Ipod and we listened to some other songs that resemble "2 9" before returning to listen to "2 9". Tim likes to think that this song would be a good song to make pledges listen to during pledgeship...it must bring back some old memories from his time in the fraternity! In the sorority, we had to listen to Macarena all day and get up every hour and do the dance for the entire length of the song. That's why, at weddings, you will never see me up doing that dance when the song comes on!

Moving on...once there we threw on some sunscreen and headed in. It is such a great place to spend the day. Avery loved all the storybook structures and played on them for the most part. We had a wonderful picnic in the shade on the hill they have the concerts on. Played a little more and then booked it on home so we could see Daddy at lunch.

I love days that you get to step away from the every day hustle and bustle and sit back and enjoy! I know with summer around the corner these type of days will happen more often. At least I hope so!!

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather in your own ways!

Avery walking up to the Gingerbread house...look at those yummy cupcakes and lollipops!


Their new flower "house" and with bunnies sculpted in the garden

No comments: