Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving at the Penrod's

This year, after being married for 6+ years, we were finally able to have Thanksgiving at our house. Not that we couldn't have necessarily done it at our Greenfield house, but I just figure that more than 4 people would like to sit at the Thanksgiving table. So, when we moved into our new house in July, I kept thinking about how I would really like to host the whole family this year.

I will say, with all the fabulous cooks in our family, it was a really easy Thanksgiving. Everyone had about 2-3 things to make and I was responsible for the main dishes, a side, and a dessert. Now, I've never cooked a turkey before and after emailing all my girlfriends (who apparently have also not cooked a turkey before...we are all "sides" girls) I caved and we got pre-cooked turkeys from Tom Thumb. All you have to do is defrost and then reheat for a couple hours. I'm not a huge turkey fan, but I will tell you...this is the way to go!

The afternoon was just wonderful spending it with the family. You know, there is nothing better than having a family that gets along so well together. With both my family and Tim's family there is just a wonderful dynamic between everyone. The men watched sports, the women chatted away and the kids played all afternoon. I will say it is so neat to watch Avery with her cousins. I swear she is totally enamored with all the boys we even caught her and Catherine playing together a couple of times. This is still rare for the girls because they just "don't get it" yet, but one day I know we will not be able to separate them!

I can't wait for next year so we can do it all again!!

Some pics of the kiddos playing outside before and after dinner








No comments: