Saturday, June 13, 2009

5K

Heather and I ran our 1st 5K in June:
I'd been sort of running for the past couple months and she had started to run recently too. We thought it would be a good idea to sign up for a 5K so that we would have to keep running because we had now spent money on the run - for a great cause, and it would get us back into shape :)

Our goal was to run it in 33-36 minutes and to keep running the whole time. I can honestly say that if it weren't for Heather's positive reinforcement and energy right next to me, I would have walked some of the way during the race. That being said, we did run the whole time through the blasting Texas heat at 8:00 in the morning and we finished the race in 34:28 sprinting to the finish line to find our family's waiting for us. It's definitely a start to our "running careers" seeing as Tim is a marathoner, there's a long way to go :) I'm just happy to have accomplished the 1st race of 3.2 miles!!

Last turn of the race...the sprint is on!

It's over!! We DID IT!

Avery, Tim & I

The Lairsen's, Penrod's and Finkelstein's...all our supporters :)

No comments: