Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dallas Blooms

On Sunday, we took Avery to the Arboretum during Dallas Blooms and boy was it crowded. We had to park in the overflow lot and took a tour bus to the entrance. Here's Avery taking her first ever bus ride:



You know what I find ironic about the whole bus system...you don't have to have a car seat or a seat belt on anyone which is so crazy because it's against the law for me to drive in my car without a seat belt or her in the car seat. Maybe someone can explain why you don't have to follow this law on a bus. And not because I'm a by the book type of girl, I just think it makes no sense. What do you think?

Enough of my rant, moving on...

It was so pretty there...the tulips were in full bloom. Every color imaginable was represented there. Of course, I didn't think of this ahead of time and only took my tiny Canon camera so I only have one pic of the flowers and they aren't even tulips, but still pretty.


Besides the gorgeous scenery, the main reason we took Avery this weekend was because of the Storybook Playhouses that just opened it. They were being built last time we were there and they are going to be up until the end of the year. It is a really great exhibit and it was so fun for her.

Avery and Tim boarding the Peter Pan exhibit:

Manning the ship in Peter Pan


Check out these sprinkles...Avery wishes she could eat a cupcake this big!



Treasure Island...there was sand everywhere, in the boat, on the ground, in her hair...



No comments: