Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Week '08

flashback; October 31, 2007, Avery's 1st Halloween - she is 5 1/2 months old, just starting to really sit up on her own and flashing that melt-your-heart gummy grin of hers:


fast forward to the week of Halloween 2008; Avery is 17 1/2 months old, running everywhere, and still flashing that beautiful smile of hers
What a difference a year makes! I know it sounds so cliche' but it's the first time I've ever really compared her to a time in the past. I know I will continue to have these nostalgic moments as time goes on, but it really hit me that my Baby Girl, okay, Toddler Girl, (she'll always be my Baby Girl) is growing up.



Anyways...last Wednesday we went to Kindermusik and sang and "danced" with all our Kindermusik friends. We got our picture taken with Minnie Mouse, an adorable Dancing Monkey and Robin:



On Halloween we went to cousin Riley's school picnic and ate lunch with Nana, Aunt Molly, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Riley), a fighting ninja (Caiden) and the most beautiful lady bug (Catherine).

That night was our first trick-or-treating experience. My parents came over to see our little "dancer" and of course she had to "dance" to Grandpa's ringtone (note the phone in her hand!).

pre trick-or-treating thinking-"i'm going to get so much candy tonight"


We trick-or-treated at every house on our block and about 6 more on the next. Avery had 2 pumpkins to fill up and boy did she not want to stop. By the time we were ready to go home, (I mean Mommy was ready to go home) Avery had gotten the hang of it. Run up to the door, flash a smile and grab some candy. I can only imagine what next year will be like! Happy Halloween everyone!


One more thing...Avery has finally decided that she DOES like chocolate!

No comments: